Essay Writing Essentials
1. _____Every essay should have a title, placed at the top middle of the page. It should be underlined and it can be in bold type. Hint: The title should NOT just state the theme. It should be catchy….even funny!
2. _____Every essay must have a THESIS, or main topic sentence. Hint: There should be a clever first sentence BEFORE the thesis sentence.
3. _____After the thesis, there should be THREE SUPPORTING POINTS or REASONS.
4. _____Each of the three supporting points must have a paragraph explaining them with examples or details.
5. _____Finally, you end with a conclusion which re-states your introduction in other words.
A. Each new paragraph must be indented.
B. Do not number your paragraphs
C. Essays should be double-spaced
D. Essays should be spell-checked.